SMPA Petition on Iraq
South Mountain Peace Action circulated the following petition in December 2004 and January 2005. The petitions were delivered in February and March 2005 with more than 1,300 signatures to Congressmen Payne and Pascrell and representatives of Senators Corzine and Lautenberg (see details on "actions & events" page.
Text of SMPA Petition
Letter from Citizens of
Maplewood and South Orange, NJ to:
Senators Corzine and Lautenberg,
Representatives Payne and Pascrell
We urge you to:
SPEAK OUT AGAINST THE WAR IN IRAQ.
Nearly 80% of Maplewood and South Orange voters and 52% of all New Jersey voters voted for John Kerry, who said forcefully that President Bush's war in Iraq is
"The Wrong War at the Wrong Time, in the Wrong Place."
The war has already cost (as of 12-04):
-- More than 1,300 American lives and 10,000 wounded
-- More than 100,000 Iraqi civilian lives (Johns Hopkins Medical School estimate)
-- More than $150 billion of taxpayer funds
Please end the silence in Congress and work for an international solution led by the United Nations and a rapid return home of US soldiers.
- Flyer for May 1, 2013 Meeting JPEG
- Transcript of Chuck Hagel's Senate Confirmation Hearing, January 31, 2013
- Robert Naiman article on Chuck Hagel confirmation hearing
- NJ Star Ledger Endorses Chuck Hagel for Secretary of Defense
- Presidential Peace Voter Guide 2012
- Peace Voter Guide on PDF
- Media pro-war bias exposed.
- Israeli-Palestinian Peace Film Series
- Videos of J Street Conference Feb 26-28
- Martin Luther King -- Four Speeches on Peace
Syndicate this site (XML)
Movable Type 3.16